OPEN GYM IS FOR CFWS MEMBERS ONLY!
The hours of Open Gym will be Saturdays 11:30AM- 1:00PM
Our Open Gym policies may evolve as we observe how our athletes are using this time. Initially, athletes should use Open Gym hours to work on elusive skills (i.e. muscle-ups, double-unders, pistols, chest-to-bar pull-ups, toes-to-bar, ring dips, etc.), practice and refine Olympic Lifts (Cleans, Snatches, Jerks), and perform basic lifts (Squats, Presses, Dead lifts, etc.) to improve strength!
Open Gym hours are NOT for making-up WODs or completing your own custom-made workouts. With 37 classes a week, there is ample opportunity for everyone to get in their WODs. Most of us do not need to WOD more – we need to continue to get stronger and address our individual weaknesses as CrossFitters. Open Gym is a chance for us to come together and support each other as we do that!
A coach will supervise Open Gym. The coach’s number one priority will be ensuring a safe training environment for all athletes. In that regard their word is law, so please respect their authority!
Open Gym Rules
1. You are responsible for your own clock. The gym clock is off limits.
2. You are responsible for cleaning up your workstation. Not doing so will result in a burpee penalty that must be completed in order to attend the next open gym.
(Penalty will be as follows: A photograph will be taken of what equipment not put away and posted on Facebook. For every LIKE = 1 Burpee, For every COMMENT = 5 Burpees, For every SHARE = 30 Burpees)
3. No One Rep Max attempts for any lifts
4. No whining. If this becomes a prominent issue, open gym will be done away with.
5. When time is up, you’re finished. Keep an eye on the clock.
6. Finally, this is not a one on one. The coach will be glad to provide a cue, but this is not an hour of instruction time. If that is needed, feel free to contact one of the trainers to set up a session.
7. Have fun. Make friends with your weaknesses, then destroy them!